Federal Criminal Defense
At Dickey & Campbell Law Firm, P.L.C., we understand the serious nature of federal criminal charges. Our federal criminal defense lawyers have extensive experience in navigating the complexities of federal criminal law, including the Federal Sentencing Guidelines, federal statutes, and Circuit and U.S. Supreme Court case law.
Our attorneys are admitted to practice in both the Northern and Southern Districts of Iowa, the District of Nebraska, the Eighth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court. Ms. Campbell is a former Federal Public Defender for the Des Moines office, and she currently teaches Federal Criminal Law as an adjunct professor for Drake University Law School in Des Moines.
The federal criminal defense lawyers at Dickey & Campbell Law Firm, P.L.C. have experience helping clients with federal criminal charges, including:
- Federal Drug Offenses: Drug Conspiracy, Drug Manufacturing, Drug Distribution, Drug Trafficking. This includes all types of drugs, including methamphetamine, cocaine, crack cocaine, heroin, ecstasy, marijuana, as well as other controlled substances.
- Sex Offenses: Distribution/Receipt/Manufacturing Child Pornography and Transporting Minors Across State Lines.
- Immigration-related Offenses: Illegal Re-entry, False Claim of Citizenship, False Identification Documents, Fraudulently-obtained Documents, False Representation of a Social Security Number, and Aggravated Identity Theft.
- Fraud Offenses: Mail Fraud, Wire Fraud, Bank Fraud, False Statements and Perjury
- Bank Robbery
- Firearm Offenses: Felon in Possession of Firearm, Drug Users in Possession of a Firearm, Possession of a Firearm in Connection with a Drug Felony.
- Continuing Criminal Enterprise
- Lacey Act and other wildlife-related offenses.
Our attorneys assist our clients at all stages of the federal criminal process, including: arrest and detention, pre-trial motions, discovery, negotiations, plea agreements and cooperation (when this is the best option for the client), trials, acquittals and convictions, sentencing hearings, supervised release violations, appeals and post-conviction relief.
Dickey & Campbell Law Firm, P.L.C. is available to represent clients in the United States District Courts for the Southern District of Iowa (Des Moines, Council Bluffs and Davenport), the Northern District of Iowa (Cedar Rapids and Sioux City), and the District of Nebraska (Omaha and Lincoln).
State Criminal Defense
The Iowa criminal defense lawyers at Dickey & Campbell Law Firm, P.L.C. have ample experience in representing clients in Iowa District Courts across the state. We represent clients facing all types of state criminal charges (all classes of felonies, aggravated, serious and simple misdemeanors) in the following areas:
- State Drug Charges: Drug Possession, Drug Sale/Trafficking (cocaine, crack, marijuana, methamphetamine, heroin, ecstasy, prescription drugs, etc.)
- Sex Offenses: Indecent Exposure, Sexual Assault
- Violent Crimes: Assault, Domestic Violence, Robbery, Willful Injury, Manslaughter
- Property Crimes: Vandalism, Shoplifting, Theft, Burglary, Bank Robbery
- Firearms/gun crimes
- Fraud, including writing bad checks and embezzlement
- OWI (Operating While Intoxicated) (also known as drunk driving or DUI)
Criminal charges and convictions can have serious, even devastating effects, including prison time. The Iowa criminal defense attorneys at Dickey & Campbell Law Firm, P.L.C. zealously advocate for our clients, helping them evaluate the strengths of their case and working for the most favorable outcome possible.
If you've won your criminal case either by acquittal or dismissal, our attorneys can help you apply to expunge the records so they are no longer visible by the general public.